총 게시물 13건, 최근 0 건

House Church Seminar Testimony-English Ministry (Caesar Jr.)

글쓴이 : 마우이 온… 날짜 : 2018-11-21 (수) 01:44 조회 : 1404

First I would like to thank the Maui Onnuri Church and its congregation in allowing me to attend the “Mook Jang” House Church seminar.  I appreciate the hard work you all did with the fund raising.  With prepping, ticket sales, and cooking of the chicken plate sales.

I’m going to keep my testimony short (laugh).

At first I did not know what to expect as we headed to Houston Texas.  When we reached our destination, I was impressed with the New Life Fellowship church.  They greeted us with a warm and welcoming smiles, everyone at New Life was very nice.  Pastor Eric SHIN did an excellent job with his seminar.

After experiencing the seminar, what I got out of or my understanding of what “House Church” is. 

1)            Like Jesus, he had no church, he preached and spread the gospel of God anywhere he could, like in homes.  As his Disciples did in spearding Jesus’ gospel, we too as Christians must do the same.

2)            House Church is what we can use to invite non-believers or people to who is seeking God.  House Church is way to introducing God to their lives.

3)            There is no one correct formula or method on how to conduct (run) House Church.  Its main focus is fellowship, prayer and getting closer in knowing who God is and how important he should be in our lives.

I’d like to add: 

As we know, God works in mysterious ways.  God sends blessing in all forms and even in the tiniest of ways.

My host family is Ferdinand, who like to be called “Marty” and his wife Mi Sook MARTINEZ.  Already, I was feeling uncomfortable, as I’m not the type of persons who likes to put people out of their way.  I’m the type of person, if I can do it myself, I will.  Staying at a stranger’s home, made me feel a little uncomfortable and I could only imagine how the other person would feel.

When I landed, I met Marty outside at the airport.  After quick hello and introduction, we headed straight to New Life.  From right when we met, I could feel how genuine he is, with his warm welcome.  Marty told me he is of Filipino decent and spoke of his family and what he does for a living.

He told me his wife is Korean has 3 sons.   Which obviously makes them half Filipino, half Korean.  Just like me (laugh).  2 sons lives at home and the oldest is in college.

Marty then told me, he works as a Sherriff Deputy with the Harris County.  From right there, seeing we had a lot in common.   After meeting his wife, Mi Sook and his 2 sons, I felt so comfortable and at ease.

I was like “WOW” how wonderful is God, to have placed me with someone like him and to have met his family.

Lastly:  It was nice to hear a sermon in English, just kidding. (Laugh)

Praise God, Amen! 

Thank You for listening to my testimony.