총 게시물 13건, 최근 0 건

House Church Seminar Testimony-English Ministry (Nolan)

글쓴이 : 마우이 온… 날짜 : 2018-11-21 (수) 01:32 조회 : 1676

Hello

This is my testimony for the trip we took to Houston.

At first when I heard about the seminar I got nervous but then I though this is God’s work…   I was excited but still didn’t know what to expect.

Exactly two weeks before the seminar my host Edward emailed me and introduced himself and his family to me.  His wife’s Kate and their two kids Meena and Noah.

A day after I received the first email, he ask me if I had any prayer requests. 

I told Ed yes I would like to meet God and have him in my life.

This made me feel more comfortable about going to the seminar. 

When we arrived in Houston Edward’s wife Kate was with Jeff’s host’s to pick us up.  We were greeted with kindness, they also had in the car two sushi platters for Jeff and I for lunch on the way because the conference had already started. 

When we arrived at the Church they greeted us, took our picture, and led us into the church Sanctuary where the seminar was taking place.  Once I entered I felt I was in God’s home – felt very comfortable.  As Pastor Shin was speaking, I looked around and each person seemed so happy and interested in learning about the House Church. 

Each session was very educational and testimonies between sessions was moving.  At the end of the day Pastor Shin did closing prayer which was powerful.

Saturday evening I attended HC with my hosts:  six adults and seven children!  Everyone was very friendly to me, everyone introduced themselves including the children.  During the HC we got together:

1.   First we had dinner

2.   We had an icebreaker where we had to tell our most embarrassing moment during the last month.

3.   We sang worship songs – one of the older girls played the guitar (played very well).

4.   We introduced ourselves.

5.   Then we had prayer request.

6.   Sharing time

7.   Closing prayer – I felt touched because they prayed for me and my family and for me being their guest.  

I was surprised how many people was at the Sunday service (~300).  I went to the first service which has a lot of young people.

Overall I felt the seminar really helped me to see what God wants us to do for him.

Also I am very grateful to Pastor and everyone at the Church for working hard at the fundraiser to send us to Houston.