총 게시물 13건, 최근 0 건

House Church Seminar Testimony-English Ministry (Jeffery Houchard)

글쓴이 : 마우이 온… 날짜 : 2018-10-29 (월) 10:47 조회 : 1855

Cesar, Nolan, Brian and I attended a House Church seminar at New Life in Houston TX..

Asked the Pastor what I should talk about- he said answer the question: How did you feel before/during/after House Church seminar.

Before: 

1.     Some anxiety/trepidation about the trip and seminar

a.     Don't know what to expect.

b.     Staying at someone's home (someone I don't know)

c.     Work commitments and schedule.

2.     Committed to attend because:

a.     Was important to Julia    

b.     Pastor asked if I could attend

c.     Felt prayer request for my mother miraculous recovery was answered with prayers from Pastor and church members

3.     But also wanted to learn more about how House Church operates first-hand

a.     Have only just recently been attending House Church with 8 members

During:

1.     My hosts Danial and his wife Rachel picked Nolan and me up from the airport

a.     Fast Forward: I was truly overwhelmed by their genuine hospitality and deep insights into House Church they provided.

2.     Seminar Course:

a.     We entered the room of with 85 participants from 22 churches.

b.     Pastor was lecturing (like drinking from a fire-hose)

c.     Taught us the "core values.":

i.    Mission is to make Disciples (start as VIPs):

3.     Testimonials:

a.     We had 4 testimonials at the seminar. All testimonials were inspirational to me in different ways and all had conviction and courage to share their struggles and success's

i.    There were testimonials about wives seeing their husbands to becoming a Christian. Both wife and husband shared their perspective.

ii.    One testimonial from another husband and wife was startling-the struggle they went through personally seemed unbelievable-seriously doubt anyone would every go through the journey they did-the husband was miraculously (truly miraculously) saved and is now a strong Christian.

4.     House Church

a.     Format of the House Church was the same as Pastor Eric seminar teachings.

i.    Dinner

ii.    Ice-Breaker

iii.    Worship starting with singing

iv.    Bible study

v.    Prayer requests (Shepherd (Daniel) wrote them down).

vi.    Sharing time (this is really the key part of the House Church as described by Pastor Shin (Chai in the book). This is where healing happens problems are solved.

1.     Inner sanctum where all members can share but must be reminded what they share is confidential to the House Church members.

vii.    Asked if we (Roger) had questions:

1.     I had asked if there were any House Church's that are divided into English/Korean. (Like Nolan, Peter, and me). They said no and that it was critical that the husband/wife participate together.

After(reflection):

1.     Time with Host: Daniel, Rachael,

a.     Shared their journey to becoming a Christian

b.     Shared their personal issues

c.     Really resonated with Danial: talked to me about why he became a Christian-we talked about pastor Chai starting out as a non-believer.

i.    We talked about the logic of it all about science can only explain the universe by saying our universe is unique among an infinite number of universes.

ii.    We agreed there were just too many things that showed there had to be a creator and a master plan

iii.    Daniel talked about how he is "all in" as a Christian because the sacrifice has led to not just a path to heaven (ultimate reward) but brings a purpose and a better life for his family.

2.     I was Julia's VIP. This was a theme from much of the testimony.

3.     Sharing is the most important-healing comes from sharing and praying:

4.     Talk about Pastor Eric being the assistant Pastor-God is head pastor.

5.     Daniel and Rachel (sharing and being Christian makes their relationship with each other and their family stronger).

a.     Family sits down for dinner w/o distraction.

Summary:

1.     Although I initially looked at the trip/seminar with uncertainty the seminar and my time with my hosts make me see being a Christian is a path to a better, more fulfilling life.

a.     Felt Daniel and his wife were truly inspirational to me although they sacrificed they really did have a better, more purposeful family life as Christians.

b.     It won't happen overnight, but small things can make a big difference along the way.

i.    Feel like I learned basic Christian principles I can apply to strengthen my own life and family going forward.